Sunday, February 10, 2008

Telling Stories and Mastering the Interview

An Interview Strategy: Telling Stories and Mastering the Interview

I agree with the advice in both articles. Some of the advice seems like common sense, but for the most part it was very useful in preparing for future interviews. I have never prepared stories to bring up during interviews and found that to be useful advice. Sometimes, when I leave an interview I think back to things I wish I had told them about my life. If I came prepared with different examples for different scenarios, it would probably eliminate those regrets. The section of these artices that benefitted me most was the preparation, presentation, perception outlook on an interview. The tips on being prepared physically and mentally are things I will definitely put into use in the future. Asking the interviewer what type of person they see filling the position is a good tip for ending an interview, as well. I think this shows that the person being interviewed is just as concerned with the well being of the company as the interviewer. Overall, I took all of these tips into consideration for preparing for my mock interview.

No comments: