Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

My mock interview took place as an interview from the Dean of Admissions for the Medical University of South Carolina. I am applying to become a Physicians' Assistant there, and our interviews will start soon. The interview was enlightening because I was not as aware of certain information that characterizes the program that I am applying to. This interview made me realize that I need to do research prior to my actual interviews. I need to research specific programs and areas of concentration that this school has, as well as opportunities to get further involved other than just being a student. I also feel as though I should be prepared to ask them questions.

I was satisfied with my preparation of planning out my future career goals and educational goals. I was well prepared to answer any questions regarding what I want to do after college and after graduate school. The positive feedback I recieved about that portion of the interview built my confidence in that area.

Overall, this mock interview allowed me to identify my strengths and weaknesses. It made me realize everything that it takes to prepare for an interview, including where to park and giving enough time to find the location of the interview. I believe that it was a great tool in preparing me to have an effective real interview in the future.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Casey!

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote my blog this week about your presentation. I thought it was great!

Sara

Catherine said...

Hi!
I wrote about your presentation in my blog!
Catherine

Holly C said...

Hey Casey...I just wanted to let you know that I wrote about your presentation in my blog!
Holly